|Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Do come join the fun...|
Right now, one book a week is just about all I can manage, especially when those books are monsters like those in the Wheel of Time series. And with big books like Anna Karenina on the to-read list, my re-reading time is incredibly limited. But maybe I'll do a few weeks of Percy Jacksons and Prydains and the like this fall, to give myself some time for the following.
1. The Goose Girl (Shannon Hale.) My number-one Must Re-read Immediately. Maybe next week.
2. The Harry Potter series (J.K. Rowling.) I just got Sorted on Pottermore... more about that later... but for now, I would very much like to read the series with my new perspective. :)
3. Pretty much everything Jane Austen wrote. Pride and Prejudice first, I think, although Emma and Sense and Sensibility are both asking to come off the shelf.
4. David Copperfield (Charles Dickens.) It's just been so long, and I only read it once.
5. 101 Dalmatians (Dodie Smith.) I read it to pieces in about fifth grade and haven't picked it up since. But I'd love to.
6. Out of the Silent Planet (C.S. Lewis.) The only one of the Space Trilogy that I've never re-read.
Those are the books that come to mind right off. But quite frankly, any book on my shelves—and a number that aren't—could get re-read any day. Unless, of course, I haven't read it in the first place.
What books do you hope to re-read?
Three givens for rereads for me: Tolkien, Lewis, Rowling.ReplyDelete
101 Dalmatians is a very good choice. It's hanging around my Kindle just begging to be reread.
Before I can start rereading Austen, I need to read Emma and Mansfield Park.
I want to read more of Shannon Hale. I also want to reread The Truth-Teller's Tale and Summers at Castle Auburn by Sharon Shinn.
Anyway, my life is lived in a constant tension between books I want to reread & new books I want to read.
Ooh, good list. I also included Harry Potter on my list (I think everyone did!).ReplyDelete
Believe it or not, I have never read any Jane Austen - I really need to rectify that!
I read a lot of Dickens in high school but never David Copperfield - maybe I should try it!
The Goose Girl is on my list too. I just re-read the whole Harry Potter series, which was great! Next on the list...not sure. It'll depend on my mood tomorrow. :)ReplyDelete
My fave Jane Austen is Emma. I can re-read that at any time. Also, I have quite a few of the mini-series :)ReplyDelete
George, I have the same exact tension in my life. :)ReplyDelete