|Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Do come join the fun...
If you're looking for the fun side, you'll perhaps want to start here:
- "The Modern YA Novelist", a parody of Gilbert & Sullivan's Modern Major-General song, complete with pictures and internet memes. I stayed up all night making this one, shamelessly cracking myself up the entire time.
- "Pride and Prejudice and Facebook", in which Elizabeth Bennet tries to deal with the standard frustrations of social media over-share. Will make more sense if you've read P&P, or at least seen one of the movies.
- Some of the lovely commenters around here helped me come up with this fantasy cast for L.M. Montgomery's The Blue Castle. I'm still proud of us for that list.
- "You Raise Me Up: The Religious Artist and Secular Art", in blogalectic* with Masha, on the importance of reading quality work regardless of one's own moral or religious perspective.
- "What's in Your Heart", in blogalectic with Mr. Pond, on why it's worth making sacrifices to make art.
If you want some basic details on me, here's "Raindrops on Roses", a list of a few of my favorite things. Also, Friday posts tend to be all about life in my own little world, and "Failing Silence and other stories" gives a good picture of my relationship to the garden, the cat, and music, which are frequent topics of choice.
And finally, for the romantics among us, here's how a book nerd announces her engagement. At least, this book nerd. It was four years ago and I'm long since happily married, so no particular need for congratulations, but it's still one of my favorite posts. Though I do wish I could've found a less awkward picture of Anne and Gilbert.
What's your favorite post on your own blog? Leave me a link in the comments, and I'll try to come by.
* blogalectic |blaw-guh-LEK-tihk| n. a dialectic between two or more bloggers, in which each participating blogger hosts his theses on his own blog.