Tasty Tuesday: Penne L'Arrabiatta
I'm taking a break from the series on novel revision to participate in Tasty Tuesday! My best friend, Briana, gave me this recipe for "angry pasta" last week and I had to give it a try. It turned out fantastic, despite my forgetting the basil, and was very easy.
I will be making this again, basil and all, oh yes.
6 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
4-6 cloves garlic, minced
16 oz. penne pasta
10 oz. diced roma tomatoes
2 oz. finely cut basil
4-6 dried chile peppers
8-10 oz. italian sausage
1. Bring 1.5 gallons of salted water to a boil; add pasta, cook until al dente (do not rinse!).
2. In a medium saucepan, saute the minced garlic in olive oil until golden.
3. Add diced tomatoes, crushed red peppers, and crumbled sausage and saute for 3-4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
4. Add the finely shredded basil and serve on top of the penne pasta.
5. Top with grated parmigiana reggiano (optional)