|Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Do come join the fun...|
This list is a mix of re-reads and first reads:
1. The Goose Girl by Shannon Hale. Re-read. I've been aching to go through this book again for months, but the Wheel of Time has taken up most of my reading time.
2. Towers of Midnight by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson. First read--the only WoT book currently available that I haven't read, other than the prequel.
3. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. Re-read. I like to go through this one every year.
4. The Harry Potter books by J.K. Rowling. Re-read. It's actually been a couple of years since I read the middle of the series. Time goes fast....
5. Something by P.G. Wodehouse. First read; I read Psmith in the City and it made me want to read more by the author. His work seems like good autumnal comfort reading.
6. The Princess and the Goblin by George MacDonald. First read. As I packed up my workspace, I discovered my copy of this book with a bookmark in about Chapter 2. Whoops.
7. Lilith by George MacDonald. First read. This one was on my shelf, waiting for me to finish The Princess and the Goblin.
8. Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis. First read, and actually I'm about 2/3 of the way through it. It was my pick for book club this fall.
9. World's First Love by Fulton Sheen. First read. October's book club choice.
10. Fatherless by Brian Gail. First read. November's book club choice.
As for what I'll read to review on my blog, well—we'll see. From the above, I'm only likely to review Towers of Midnight, the MacDonald books, and possibly anything I read by Wodehouse. My picks for blog read-and-reviews tend to be more spontaneous, involving whatever catches my eye at the library. :)
What do you plan to read this fall?