All that to say, today I'm picking an old topic. A very easy one, because my brain is moving oh-so-slowly.
|Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Do come join the fun...|
This topic has only one difficulty, which is that I spend nearly all of my reading time at number 1. But I'll try and get imaginative.
1. Tucked into the corner of the couch, wrapped up in a blanket. Preferably with coffee or tea or cookies and milk at hand.
2. Out in the yard, on a blanket in the grass, under the summer Sunday afternoon sun, with my husband and a gin and tonic.
3. In a high meadow, in a light breeze, overlooking wide open spaces, perhaps leaning against a rock or a tree or—as I sometimes did when I lived in such a place—a fence post.
4. On a stretch of quiet stony Washington beach, away from other people.
5. On a towel in the white sand of a tropical beach... although, to be honest, in this case I have a hard time staying out of the water. Unless there are sting rays or barracudas or rip tides.
6. In the grass beneath a leafy green tree, when the sky is warm and blue.
7. On an airplane or in the car or on a train, going somewhere interesting, with a new book.
8. On a bench in an old-fashioned flower garden, on a day just gray enough to keep the pages from glaring.
9. In the late evening, in an overstuffed chair, beside a fireplace.
10. In bed, by lamplight, mostly buried under the covers, with my husband reading beside me. Preferably with the Kindle, which is easier to manage while lying down.
Where are your favorite places to read?