|Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish! Do come join the fun...|
I could never come up with my absolute favorites, but here are a few I just love.
1. Enough with the knockoffs, but the original was inspired. Not just for its red/white/black starkness and alchemical imagery, but its suggestion of Genesis and forbidden fruit:
2. I happen to be one of those who like a real face on the cover, if it matches the character's description and is well-designed:
3. A little magical artistry can generally win my attention, too.
4. Of which I have seen many to love, including this one that I haven't yet read.
6. Pretty girls in extravagant dresses have been much overdone, but I have a few I love, such as this one:
7. And this one:
8. I also happen to admire unique uses of light and color (though the text on this one could be set off more clearly).
9. Especially when that happens to come with honestly pretty art.
10. And because I need a number 10, here's another pretty face in a design I find particularly arresting:
What are your favorite book covers?