- on account of being too creeped out in empty house to go to sleep, stay up till two a.m. reading a novel about ninjas
- watch a bunch of school orientation stuff
- practice the heck out of a couple of musical instruments:
|Our friends left town and bequeathed us their piano.|
I shot out my voice last night singing Evanescence to my own
accompaniment. It was thoroughly enjoyable.
- give t'ai chi a try, with coaching provided by YouTube
- do a week's worth of housecleaning
- clean out the refrigerator
- trim bangs and take selfies with Dante, Dostoevsky, Paolini, and Debussy:
|Also, the corner of the piano.|
Did I mention that I love this piano?
- accidentally lock the priest out of the parish office (sorry, Father! I don't know what I did to the door...)
- contemplate cleaning old clothes out of dresser drawers
- contemplate the meaning of life (42) and sanity (the number's probably somewhere in the same range)
- contemplate labels, goals, and other forms of life organization
- spontaneously spend an evening listening to Nikki Yanofsky with birthday-girl sister and her family
- do the laundry
- listen to Enya, because seriously, Enya
- listen to random CD bought off random guy on street corner during Lent because he "wanted to have a voice"
- get a hard lemonade and a pint of chocolate gelato and start in on Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
- procrastinate on nearly all of the above by blogging
- contribute to the internet's ever-insatiable need for cat pictures:
I miss Lou a lot, but at least I'm not bored. Cheers, everybody! I miss you, too....
He's not off somewhere fun again is he?ReplyDelete
Cat pictures are good. The Internet would grind to a halt without them.
First season of Buffy?
Eastern Washington isn't nearly as fun as Rome... at least, not when you're going for a weekend full of meetings. ;)Delete
Starting from the very beginning with Buffy! I've never watched any of it before. Do you like it?
Back in the day, I liked it well enough. The first season the most of all. Really, I've only seen seasons 1 through 3 with any consistency. About the time season 4 came along Buffy moved from the WB network to a different network that I didn't get at the time. So I only caught a few episodes here and there after that.Delete
Oh what, I'm alone for the weekend, too! We should do each other's hair or something, except for where you're a billion miles away. And I just started watching Buffy recently, too! I hope she can take a break from the vampires one of these days and go on a nice date and maybe try out for the cheerleading team again, but I'm not holding out a whole lot of hope.ReplyDelete
I'd totally love a hair-doing session! WHY do we live all the way across the country from each other? As for Buffy, I like her show, but not as much as I like Firefly... what do you think of it?Delete
I have MANY FEELINGS. So far, I love Buffy, Willow (who may actually be EVEN MORE ADORABLE than Kaylee, which I did not think was possible), the Resident Mean Girl, the One Club in Town, and Giles. I don't love Xander yet, though M. thinks I should start to love him. I don't like Buffy's mom. The vampires are all right, but they haven't really hooked me yet as antagonists (except for one character who has since been staked ): ) I LOVE the (to me recent) plot twist where Angel . . .ReplyDelete
[[SPOILER]] ABOUT ANGEL!! PLEASE DON'T READ BELOW THIS LINE IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT HIS SUPER SECRET PLOT TWIST
. . .
. . . is actually a vampire who was cursed with a conscience!!! because I love that that is the worst curse for a vampire and now he's trying to make amends POOR MURDERY BABY
. . . but I don't love the actor or the character all that much YET.
Mostly I'm just waiting to see where it goes. I don't like it as much as Firefly, either . . .yet. I think it's partly because the big hook for me with Firefly was the Future Cowboy Language and Buffy doesn't have that. And my suspension of disbelief is a lot more easygoing when it comes to spaceship drama than it is with vampires and Misc. Supernatural Shenanigans. And I'm also kind of CONCERNED about the fact that it's a Joss Whedon show and Whedon likes to break hearts, but I knew that going in. But I like it so far!