- on account of being too creeped out in empty house to go to sleep, stay up till two a.m. reading a novel about ninjas
- watch a bunch of school orientation stuff
- practice the heck out of a couple of musical instruments:
|Our friends left town and bequeathed us their piano.
I shot out my voice last night singing Evanescence to my own
accompaniment. It was thoroughly enjoyable.
- give t'ai chi a try, with coaching provided by YouTube
- do a week's worth of housecleaning
- clean out the refrigerator
- trim bangs and take selfies with Dante, Dostoevsky, Paolini, and Debussy:
|Also, the corner of the piano.
Did I mention that I love this piano?
- accidentally lock the priest out of the parish office (sorry, Father! I don't know what I did to the door...)
- contemplate cleaning old clothes out of dresser drawers
- contemplate the meaning of life (42) and sanity (the number's probably somewhere in the same range)
- contemplate labels, goals, and other forms of life organization
- spontaneously spend an evening listening to Nikki Yanofsky with birthday-girl sister and her family
- do the laundry
- listen to Enya, because seriously, Enya
- listen to random CD bought off random guy on street corner during Lent because he "wanted to have a voice"
- get a hard lemonade and a pint of chocolate gelato and start in on Buffy, the Vampire Slayer
- procrastinate on nearly all of the above by blogging
- contribute to the internet's ever-insatiable need for cat pictures:
I miss Lou a lot, but at least I'm not bored. Cheers, everybody! I miss you, too....